Thursday 16 January 2014

Day 016: knit your booties

I know, I didn't post a picture yesterday...terrible! Eventually I will go back and post a picture and backdate it - maybe make a specific day each month to do it? I'll likely forget again at some point... :\ - but not right now.

Yesterday was kind of hectic: I didn't get to sleep until three in the morning, so I was running on three hours of sleep, and instead of staying home and sleeping it off, I had my first day back at spinning in the morning and a therapy session in the afternoon. I was so tired by the time I got home at 6.30pm that I went almost straight to bed. The almost is where I did in fact make it into bed, but didn't actually go to sleep until 10.30pm; I stayed awake knitting most of the little bootie in the picture. I finished the little sucker off today, and started on its mate, which will be finished tomorrow at some point.

The booties are prototypes for the booties I'm making for the expectant mothers I know. My friend Kate and her husband Craig have requested rainbow coloured (Kate) and green (Craig) beanies for their sprog (gender neutral ftw!), and I'm throwing in the booties because reasons (I may throw in a blanket, too, again because reasons). For my boss Tennille, I am making a beanie, bib, mittens and booties set in the colours of a ginger tuxedo tabby (the beanie will have kitten ears, the bib will be white linen edged with orange, and the mittens and booties will have kitten paw pads in pink mulberry silk embroidered onto them). Tennille once told me she had a soft spot for ginger tabbies, a soft spot I share, so I think she'll appreciate the set.

Well, I am super-exhausted, so I'm going to sign off. Nighty-night!

C xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment