Wednesday 1 January 2014

A year in photographs - Day 001: Happy new year.

First day of 2014...a new year in which to live new experiences, make new mistakes, discover new places, meet new people. My New Year's Eve was pretty crappy, to be honest: after having a row with my mother, I shut myself in my room and watched episodes of Grimm until I passed out at around 11pm. No fireworks (unfortunately), no New Year kiss (par for the course, really), and no drinkies (alcohol + anti-depressants = bad mix).

2013 was another rough year for me. I failed all but one of my classes at university. I was finally clinically diagnosed with depression after living with it for over five years. I started on anti-depressants...and when those had unwelcome side effects, I tried a second type, and then a third, which is my current medication. I started letting out my anger, which had been bottled up for so long out of fear of conflict and reprisal.

As a way of documenting both 2014 and my journey out of depression, I've decided to resurrect this photography blog I began nearly five years ago. I'll post a photo a day, sometimes with an accompanying commentary and sometimes not, of things that hold meaning for me, for this year, and for the depression I'm escaping.

The first picture is a Start of the Month Selfie! I received a fantastic new phone for Christmas - a Samsung Galaxy S4, yay! - and I thought I'd put it to use. Not only was the selfie taken with my mobile, but this post was written and posted from the Blogger app. :)

Well, that's it for today...stay tuned for the next thrilling installment, tomorrow at some point!

C xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment